As I’ve spent my time over the years trying new makeup foundations and new ones that work better than the previous, Ulta has created a list who has made the cut.
Here are the top five makeup foundations:
1.) it Cosmetics: Your Skin But Better CC cream +SPF 50: This full coverage foundation and concealer gives the protection of SPF 50+ UVA/UVB and also claims to provide a flawless finish, vitamins A, B, C and E, and antioxidants. While these and numerous other bonuses sound quite beneficial, I can’t help but wonder what percentage of the population can wear it with only seven available colors.
2.) ESTÉE LAUDER Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup foundation: Known for its staying power in the beauty community, Estée Lauder has placed on the market a 42-shade 24-hour foundation. The makeup giant says this product is lightweight, oil-free, controls excessive oily skin, medium to full coverage, and provides a matte finish. Whew, that’s a lot to live up to.
3.) Too Faced ‘Born This Way’ Undetectable Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation: Now that’s a mouthful for a single product, don’t you think? What excited me about this foundation is the ability to go from medium to full coverage. nspired by “I woke up like this” perfection, Too Faced Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Jerrod Blandino set out on a mission to create a foundation so undetectable you can go ahead and lie with beautifully natural coverage that will have everyone thinking you were Born This Way. (Ulta.com, 2018). With 24 shades available, Too Faced says that this product features include:
- Medium-to-full, undetectable coverage
- Long-wearing for 12 hours
- Photo friendly/No flashback
- Coconut water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without over hydrating
- Hyaluronic filling spheres for a smoother, more youthful appearance
4.) NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation: While one of the foundations I am personally using these days, NARS has definitely set a standard with providing a better than expected foundation with 33 shades to choose from. This radiant long-wear collection from NARS gives the user a fade-resistant foundation with up to 16 hours of confident wear while still allowing the skin to breath and have a natural-looking glow.
5.) LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24H Longwear SPF 15 Foundation: While so many new makeup lines are popping up to compete in the beauty community, Lancôme has stood the test of time, improving and sustaining its right among the best for decades. While this Teint Idole liquid foundation only provides a SPF 15, it makes up for is with a full 24-hour foundation wear. I mean wow!!! Many of us hoped for a good foundation that will last and Lancôme has come through to answer the call. With 40 shades to choose from, the beauty giant has additional benefits with its product:
- Up to 24 hour wear
- Contains SPF 15
- Medium to full coverage
- Velvety matte finish (no powdery effect)
- Suitable for all skin types
- Tested on sensitive skin
- Tested under dermatological control
* Other honorable and no to be looked over mentions that can be found at the Ulta stores:
- URBAN DECAY COSMETICS Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
- URBAN DECAY COSMETICS All Nighter Liquid Foundation
- MAYBELLINE Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Total Control Drop Foundation