FAIR USE DISCLAIMER:
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.
Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
– Site Access, Security and Restrictions –
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the www.whatsyourchic.org or www.whatsyourchic.wordpress.com , including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access; or (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; or (c) accessing or using the site or any portion thereof without authorization.
You may not use any scraper, crawler, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access or copy data on the site, deep-link to any feature or content on the site, bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to this website.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. What’s Your Chic will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement and other authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or other soft or hardware to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this website.
– Accuracy and Integrity of Information –
Although What’s Your Chic attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of its websites and information, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the website and content. It is possible that the website could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the website by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform What’s Your Chic so that it can be corrected. What’s Your Chic reserves the right to unilaterally correct any inaccuracies on the website without notice. Information contained on the website may be changed or updated without notice. Additionally, What’s Your Chic shall have no responsibility or liability for information or content posted to the website from any third party affiliates, making no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of any such information or content.
What’s Your Chic makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that you may access through this website, or any products advertised by third party vendors on the site, including with respect to any pricing information for such third party products advertised on the site.
– Claims of Copyright Infringement –
If you are a copyright owner, or an authorized agent of such, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, and believe that any user of the What’s Your Chic has infringed upon your copyrights, you may submit a Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to the What’s Your Chic designated copyright agent. Upon receipt of the notice, What’s Your Chic will take whatever action, in its sole discretion it deems appropriate, including removal of or disabling access to the challenged material from the website.
- Notice of Alleged Infringement
To file a Notice of Alleged Infringement with our copyright agent, you must provide a written communication (by regular mail or e-mail) that sets forth the items specified the you alleged to be infringed upon. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney. To properly process your request, please use the following format:
1. Identify in specific detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed and the dates they are posted.
2. Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the website where such material may be found, and (ii) the reference or link, to the material or activity that you claim to be infringing, that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the website.
3. Provide information to permit What’s Your Chic to contact you (email address, telephone number and a mailing address).
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice, if they are true:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith and belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference and/or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
6. Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to What’s Your Chic copyright agent:
What’s Your Chic LLC
Attn: Copyright Agent
PO Box 4681, Baton Rouge, LA 70821
BY EMAIL: CustomerService@whatsyourchic.com with the words
“Notice of Copyright Complaint” in the subject line.